This page provides information on the 2019 VA-T3-workshop. The workshop will be held from 1st to 5th April 2019 at the Institute for Computational Applications (Istituto per le Applicazioni del Calcolo) of the National Council of Research (CNR), located in via dei Taurini 19, Rome, Italy.
- International catalog of planetary maps (Henrik Hargitai, Matyas Gede)
- Spectral library of terrestrial and planetary material (Edward Cloutis, Daniel Applin)
- e-Callisto Data Access (André Csillaghy, Simon Beck)
VA-t3 participants (TBC)
- Jacobs University: Carlos Henrique Brandt
- Institute of Atmospheric Physics: Jan Soucek, David Pisa
- IRAP Toulouse: Gangloff Michel
- Observatoire de Paris: Baptiste Cecconi, Pierre Le Sidaner, Stéphane Erard, (project: finalize the VIMS services from LPG Nantes) Cyril Chauvin Alan Loh
- IWF-Graz: Manuel Scherf, Tarek Al-Ubaidi
- IAPS Rome: Maria Teresa Capria Stavro L. Ivanovski Edoardo Rognini
Other VESPA participants & externals:
- LMSU: Vladimir Kalegaev, Sergey Bobrovnikov
- Europlanet TAs: TBC
- Uni Heidelberg: Markus Demleitner
- Services are expected to be compliant and open in June 2019.
Workshop Agenda (TBC)
Monday 1st April 2019 – coffee 9:30, start 10:00 – end 17:30/18:00
- Stéphane Erard: VESPA, EPN-TAP and data services
- Installation of LINUX DEBIAN + DaCHS + Apache + awstat (cf Tutorial #1) [if not done in advance]
- Inventory EPN-TAP V2 metadata
- Short presentations of each projects) - may be spread along the first 2 days
Tuesday 2th April 2019 – coffee 9:30, start 10:00– end 17:30/18:00
- Build an SQL database with the schema provided by participants - illustration : your VIrtualMachine, your service
- Identitfy and map your service parameters: use this xls file
- Write a script for the ingestion of data, possibly in POSTGRES tables, and construction of the epn_core view.
Wednesday 3th April 2019 – coffee 9:30, start 10:00– end 17:30/18:00
- Write q.rd file for DaCHS and test the new service with the validator
- how to use grammars and mixins to build your service. See examples here: http://svn.ari.uni-heidelberg.de/svn/gavo/hdinputs/
- Register the new service in a local Registry
- How to declare the new DaCHS server in the ROR
Thursday 4th April 2019 – coffee 9:30, start 10:00– end 17:30/18:00
- Wrap-up: each project to comment on experience and implementation level, plan for next steps and finalization
Friday 5th April 2019 – coffee 9:30, start 10:00– end 13:00
- Discussion on what should be completed before the end of the project.
- Discussion on final dissemination of the developed data services (and those in progress).
Presentation of projects + conclusions here: TBC
For the selected external teams listed above, the travel costs are covered by from Europlanet budget for VESPA AO. Travel and accommodation expenses (hotel, meals) will be reimbursed afterwards by IAPS. Please address any queries related to local organization to Maria Teresa Capria and Edoardo Rognini
Other participants, and Internal participants (Europlanet beneficiaries) need to arrange their own travel and use their own budget.
The VESPA workshop will take place at the following location:
Istituto per le Applicazioni del Calcolo "Mauro Picone" - UOS di Roma
Via dei Taurini 19, 00185 - Roma
Directions can be found here: http://22.214.171.124/iacsite/index.php?page=howtogetiac&sede=Roma
The location is accessible:
- by metro A Termini Station: from Termini Station by walking about 10/15 minutes.
- by bus: out of the Termini station take Via Marsala, or by bus line 492 in Via Volturno (direction Stazione Tiburtina) and get off at Via dei Ramni. Turn left into Via dei Taurini second corner on the left Via Caudini.
Useful information about the public transport in Rome can be found at https://www.atac.roma.it/index.asp?lingua=ENG