Ask to include VESPA related tools in IVOA Application lists:
- VESPA : http://vespa.obspm.fr
web application, EPN-TAP (and PDAP) client / Query databases
connected to VO tools via SAMP
- APERICubes: http://voparis-apericubes.obspm.fr
Spectral cube slicer for PDS3 formatted cubes (VIRTIS on Venus-Express and Rosetta, currently) and GIRAFFE fits.
Connected via SAMP, both in I/O
|SE||helpdesk for this page (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Pierre Fernique for this page||Advertise VESPA |
- Evolution of SAMP messages (content) we want to add:
example to present as usecase, sending geojson to MIZAR and Planetary Cesium Viewer
- pds3 + pds4 (+ datalink ?)
|PLS||Mark Taylor and Thomas Bochs|
UCDs and Utypes for Solar System
- See in EPN-TAP V2.0 parameters (related to parameters)
UCDs in red and italics/blue are non standard but needed by VESPA.
|SE||Mireille Louys|| ||Discussed in May 2018 (Victoria interop) for inclusion.|
- Add "spectral matrix" UCD (use case = want to know that data can be sent to iPECMan): phys.spectralmatrix
- UCD for gravitational field "Power Spectrum of Spherical Harmonic Coefficients of Lunar Gravity Model": phys.gravitation
- Shape model (full 3D shape) or Terrain Model (or Elevation model) with respect to geoid or ellipsoid: phys.shape, phys.shape.elevation
- How do we pass Utypes and UCDs to VO tools? Really included in VOTables only, not in fits ?
The reason is apparently related to the length of value fields in fits.
- Add fits kw for UCD (and Utypes, if space permits)?
Otherwise, data handling in tools depends on how data are transmitted.
|SE|| ||this is addressed in SDM2, TBC|| |
- we need to look inside a field of list, ie to combine ivo_hashlist_has with LIKE
to look for a UCD in a list (and get time vs time;stat.min)
|SE||Support of UCDs in |
in particular, but also
instrument names, etc
- Use case for "ivo_hashlist_has" : function to parse list in ADQL. We need an ADQL function to handle a multi valued field. Idea from markus is that we should not asked ADQL transformation but put that in endorsed note. He will help in writing it, but doesnt want to be the handler of it in IVOA. What we have to say, is that we have use case for it target_name, target_class. That also exist in obscore. Moreover this function is used in relational registry interogation and will be handle by Gregory library and DaCHS. We could handle this note if TCG thinks it's the right way to go.
|PLS||François Bonnarel, Dave Morris, Markus Demleitner|
RegTAP functions have been reviewed by TCG, included “ivo_” functions. We can refer to that in EPN-TAP service specification. It is a function to implement on server-side, by data provider. It exist already in DaCHS, it seems to be easy to implement with Gregory Mantelet’s library.
Tools / standards:
- Spectral aggregates? Required to plot measurements from spectrometers with several channels
(very common in our field).
Appears to require a formatting standard to store several spectral elements in the same file
- Computing functions / statistics - I want to get the average of several profiles/spectra sent from a service. Is this SODA-related? Is this a function on the data server? I'm thinking more about a function to call with a selection of data already retrieved on user side.
OK with dedicated script in CASSIS, to be made more generic
-Implement cross-matches based on s_region (in addition to cone search-like criteria)?
-Better support of Healpix maps
|M. Taylor (passed, TBC for him)||Mark not very excited…|
- Aladin (to be discussed directly with PFernique?):
See fits format items
- stability issue of v9 on Mac / java 1.8 (blocks on my machine at startup very often) - seems OK in v10beta
- issue with auto hips from files on v9: does not work as expected, and never finishes on my side (TBC with more recent versions)
- implement E-handed frames in s_region (see STC item)
| ||All those fixed in v10. However open issues are shown on Aladin pages in Confluence|
- Chiara's request for additional keywords to support projections on planetary surfaces
- Need to implement the planetary ref systems in Aladin, they are part of the fits std:
MALN + MALT, etc + proj types (see her ex Mars & Venus)
- Define equivalent for Earth (don't seem to exist)
- Current fits keywords do not allow for image projections on ellipsoids, even less on a 67P
(one kw missing, see Chiara's docs)
|? - IAU fits commission?||Support planetary mapping & surface feature catalogues|| |
- s_region is very nice, but we need a E-handed system with longitudes [0, 360[ to respect IAU conventions.
Additional predefined system required:
We're currently using UnknownFrame, which appears to be W-handed (it is used like this in Aladin at least). We need something similar but explicitly E-handed. Call it BODY, or BODY-FIXED, or E-HANDED?
Or combine UnknownFrame with another property?
|SE||Markus Demleitner, Dave Morris||Support body fixed |
frames, consistency with
- AstroCoords for VOEvent: we need to be able to tell that the event occurs at a named planet or a spacecraft (e.g., "Jupiter", "Juno") in the WHERE section.
- : We need an ADQL function to handle a multi value field that is resume in a single field. Idea from markus is that we should not asked ADQL transformation but put that in endorse note. He will help in writing it, but doesn't want to be the handler of it in IVOA. What we have to say, is that we have use case for it target_name, target_class. That also exist in obscore. Moreover this function is used in relational registry interrogation and will be handle by Gregory library and DaCHS. We could handle this note if TCG thing it's the right way to go.
There is also another function to handle Hips in ADQL with first implementation in DaCHS, use case are already there, it's not our goal, but we may use it and it's another argument to build this note and circulate it.
This is a question to DAL, but Baptiste must ask in TCG a way to build it as input come from different group (Planetary Science, Registry, Hips ?)
- Endorsement of VOResource schema that is necessary to register EPN-TAP service in RofR registry. That yet stop for non compliance (ivo-id containing # characters should be valid)
|PLS || || |
- 2nd item fixed in Dec 2017?
- Using ORCiD for identification of author ?
- See STC comments also